The Russian State Art Library invites to take part in the 9th Mikhoelos Readings science conference.
With a reference to an old tradition the conference will be devoted to the “National Theatre in the Multinational Culture” theme. The “Mikhoelos’ Readings” is the only conference, which problematics are broadly connected with the art history, theatre history, history of culture and other humanitarian branches of science on the one hand, but devoted to the source studies resources, collections and archives on the other hand.
Following themes of reports will be approved:
- National theatre in the archive, library and museum's collections
- National theatre phenomenon in the world culture
- Jewish theatre in Russia and other countries
- National theatre history archives and collections
- Collecting, saving, accessibility, research of stocks
- Bibliography and information resources of the National Theatre
- National theatre source studies and theatre rear book
- National theatre and studios historiography
- National theatre and drama in the world repertoire (translations, road tours, international festivals, theatre exhibitions)
- National theatre iconography and artists
- National theatre in a foreign culture surrounding
- Jewish theatre history
An exhibition of the Jewish Museum and Tolerance Centre original materials is planned as a part of the conference.
The conference will be held on 26-27 November 2015 in the Russian State Art Library (address is Bolshaya Dmitrovka street 8/1, Moscow).
Theatre historians, dramatic historians, theatre workers; museum, archive, librarians, bibliographers, historians of culture, philologians, historians, publishers and others are invited to take part in the conference.
Reports' texts will be published in an article collections.